If you suffered a spinal cord injury, you’ll most likely want an attorney to represent you in your claim. This is because spinal cord injuries are difficult injuries which often leave victims in great need. Whether you were involved in a car accident, motorcycle crash, slip and fall accident, or other type of personal injury incident, it’s important to consider all your options.
Why an Experienced Attorney May Help
One of the greatest needs you may have after suffering spinal cord damage is getting great legal help. Because spinal cord injuries are serious, it’s critical to have an experienced attorney on your side. There are many reasons for this, such as:
- It’s likely you’ll be focused on your physical and emotional recovery and not on a lawsuit.
- There are laws and rules you may not know which a lawyer can inform you of.
- It’s possible you may be suffering from depression and not thinking clearly.
- You may not know the full value of your claim.
- You may not have the time to devote to thoroughly pursuing a claim.
Because it’s likely you lost some mobility and feeling following your injury, it’s imperative that you recover the most compensation possible for all of your serious losses. This includes:
- Your new disability
- Emotional trauma
- Lost wages
- Medical bills
- Other expenses related to your injury
An attorney will know what type of compensation to pursue in your case in order to ensure you receive a full and fair financial recovery. However, not just any attorney will be able to get you the maximum compensation. It’s important to know what type of lawyer you should hire.
What to Look for in an Attorney
Because not all attorneys are the same or have the same knowledge and experience, consider the following criteria to make the best decision:
- Past success handling spinal cord injury cases. Not all personal injury lawyers have represented spinal cord injury victims. Find out if a lawyer you are considering hiring has previously helped those with spinal cord damage get the compensation they were due.
- Has great reviews from past clients. Many lawyers do not provide potential clients with testimonials or reviews from previous clients. If you don’t find testimonials on an attorney’s website, request this information before hiring a lawyer.
- Provides a free consultation. It’s always a good idea to meet with a lawyer and have him or her answer your questions and get a feel for how he or she operates and would be as your lawyer. This initial consultation should always be free.
- Works on a contingency fee basis. This means that you will not have to pay a law firm any money up front until your case is won, which is very important.
Our law firm can provide you with the experience you are looking for, as well as client testimonials and a free consultation. Please call us today to schedule your complimentary consultation with a knowledgeable spinal cord injury lawyer at 703-721-4233. We work on a contingency basis.