After a car accident in Virginia, you may still be picking up the pieces when you hear from an insurance adjuster. Often, accident victims assume that insurance adjusters are required to be on their side or remain unbiased. Unfortunately this is not always true. Insurance adjusters can actually end up harming your accident case.
Sneaky Insurance Adjuster Tricks
Here are a few ways that an insurance adjuster can ruin your Virginia accident claim:
- An insurance adjuster’s job is to settle the claim quickly and for the least amount of money possible.
- By moving quickly, adjusters do not allow time for you to speak with a lawyer.
- Adjusters know that by settling quickly, the extent of your injuries may not be known.
- Adjusters can manipulate you into making statements that could harm your case.
- Your own insurance adjuster can influence you to use the company’s preferred auto repair shop or their physicians. These preferred businesses do not always have your best interest in mind. They work with the insurance companies.
- They may pressure you to sign written statements that could be used against you at a trial.
- Adjusters are trained to look for anything that could make your allegations fraudulent.
- They can take advantage of your emotions to convince you to settle for less.
Help Get The Most From Your Fairfax Insurance Adjuster
Before signing anything, or making a recorded statement, speak to a compassionate Virginia car accident lawyer. Having an attorney on your side can change the outcome of your car crash case. Contact the Fairfax car accident attorneys at Shevlin Smith for a free consultation. Call (703) 721-4233 today!