Words cannot truly express my gratefulness for Mike's excellent work on my case.- Kerry L.
Michael is caring, compassionate and we highly recommend him.- Lori B.
A lawyer that really cares- Jorge & Jazel
Tom was a great communicator and kept me informed as the case progressed.- Sherry
Our first meeting with Mr. Michael Shevlin solidified our assurance that we had met the right lawyer to fight for our cause.- Abdul J.
You deserve effective and caring legal representation, and the Virginia personal injury attorneys at Shevlin Smith are prepared to provide this to you and your family. Collectively, our attorneys have over 130 years of legal experience. Our team believes that the fight isn’t over until you’re fully satisfied with the result. As seasoned trial attorneys and effective negotiators, we are capable of handling every aspect of your case. We have earned a reputation as formidable opponents, both in and out of the courtroom because – let’s face it – no insurance company wants to go up against a firm with a trial record like ours. We have secured some of the largest settlements and verdicts in Virginia and D.C. all while providing compassionate, personalized legal services you can rely on.
Our highly accredited attorneys are talented in their own right and work with the country’s leading experts in accident reconstruction, medicine, and economics to build the strongest possible case for every client we represent.
How Can A Personal Injury Attorney Help You?
Having a reputable attorney by your side during this time is essential for providing you with the legal support and guidance that you need. Personal injury claims can be extremely complicated.
An experienced attorney will know the ins and outs of the legal system and will have worked with many individuals facing a similar struggle to yours. Your lawyers will be able to help ensure that you avoid costly mistakes and that you receive maximum compensation for your personal injury claim.
A personal injury attorney will:
- Take care of the paperwork: There is a great amount of paperwork involved with personal injury cases. Your attorney will handle the paperwork for you, and ensure that everything gets to the appropriate parties, at the right time.
- Save you time and money: A single mistake on your paperwork or throughout your personal injury case process can cost you both time and money. Having an experienced lawyer by your side who knows what he or she is doing is critical for preventing you from making costly mistakes.
- Maximize compensation: Your attorney will have the experience necessary to effectively communicate and negotiate with insurance companies, and ensure that compensation is maximized.
- Provide legal guidance: Having access to objective legal advice is crucial during this time. Your attorney will be able to answer any questions that you have regarding the legal matters of your case and provide you with the legal guidance that you need.
- Offer emotional support: Going through a personal injury case can be extremely stressful. Knowing that you have an experienced attorney by your side can help to alleviate stress levels and provide you with the emotional reassurance that you need.
- Effectively represent you: In the case that you need to go to court, your lawyer will be able to effectively represent you and ensure that you receive the best possible outcome for your case. Your attorney is truly your best advocate.
Personal Injury Cases We Can Help With
Over the past 30 years, Shevlin Smith has built a reputation as a leading personal injury firm.
Cases We Handle Include:
- Medical Malpractice
- Car Accidents
- Truck Accidents
- Motorcycle Accidents
- Pedestrian Accidents
- Catastrophic Injuries
- Birth Injuries
- Wrongful Death
- View All
We recognize that a personal injury case may be won or lost based on even the seemingly most insignificant detail, and our meticulous preparation of each case is designed to miss nothing.
With over 130 years of combined legal experience defending the rights of the injured, our dedicated attorneys have the tools and the knowledge to fight on your behalf.
We believe in educating our clients on their legal rights and their options, arming them with the information they need to make the right choices about their personal injury cases. We have free downloadable books and numerous articles and blogs that offer helpful tips and in-depth information on personal injury law, the rights of the injured, and much more. Our personalized, one-on-one client service includes candid, straightforward assessments that prevent unpleasant surprises and foster a healthy client-attorney relationship, which in turn leads to a better case result. When you work with Shevlin Smith, we will be with you every step of the way.