You may have heard the term “fracture” before. When a bone is broken, it often means intense pain and a long recovery time-but are there any other dangers from a fracture?
Types of Bone Fractures
Depending on the location, a bone fracture in DC could cause the victim serious injury:
- Skull fractures. One of the most dangerous types of fractures, as trauma to the skull can cause intracranial bleeding.
- Pelvic fractures are commonly caused by seat belts in Virginia car accidents.
- Ankle fractures happen when the body goes one way, and the foot another-often when the foot is trapped in an accident.
- Spinal fracture risks increase with age, but even young people can suffer a spinal injury if they experience trauma to the head, neck or back.
- Collarbone fractures are the most common type of broken bones. Due to the location and fragility of the clavicle, a collarbone fracture can be particularly painful.
- Hip fractures occur most frequently in the elderly as a result of falls.
- Wrist fractures are often seen after bicycle and pedestrian accidents, as the victim will attempt to use his hands to recover from a fall.
- Hand and foot fractures are especially debilitating. Not only do they cause a loss of everyday mobility, but they can cause the victim to lose valuable income while recuperating.
Did You Break a Bone During a Fairfax Car Accident?
As experienced DC personal injury lawyers, we know that recovering from a serious accident can take time and place a significant financial burden on the victim. If someone else was to blame for your suffering, don’t wait. Call Shevlin Smith today at 703-721-4233 for a free consultation.