A few months ago, your wife was in a horrible car accident and was raced to the hospital. While the doctors felt the surgery was successful, she suffered a seizure when she was put under anesthesia and may suffer permanent brain damage. Since your wife was unable to inform hospital staff of her past bad reactions to anesthesia when she arrived, you think you may have a malpractice case. Is the hospital responsible? Is there a reliable attorney who would take the case?
Medical Malpractice Liability Incidents
It’s never easy deciding to sue the people who save lives every day. But when you or your loved one is hurt or killed because of a medical mistake, other patients’ positive outcomes mean little to you. Understanding what hospitals have been successfully sued for in the past can help you reach a decision about your case. What are the most common reasons for malpractice lawsuits filed in Virginia? The major categories of successful suits include:
- Miscommunication: not adequately communicating care, procedures, side effects, dangers and proper insurance pricing.
- Consent: not receiving the proper permission for procedures, surgeries, and care.
- Discrimination: inadequate care based on race and financial status.
- Surgical injuries: including anesthesia problems, internal injuries, and other mistakes in the OR.
- Birth Injuries: injuries to mother and child due to careless deliveries and negligent pre-delivery care.
Getting the Representation and Support You Need
If you’ve been injured at a Virginia hospital as a result of carelessness, negligence, or improper care, you deserve recompense. No matter the injury, we can help you explore your options and learn more about your rights as a patient. Contact us today for a free consultation and let us help you get the justice and care you deserved from the start.
Need more information about your medical rights? Please feel free to download our free report Medical Negligence: Your Rights in the District of Columbia. You’ll not only learn more about your rights and claim options, but you’ll also see how our knowledge and experience can help you get the justice you deserve.