Finding the right legal representation to handle your family’s brain injury claim is very important, which is why it is essential that the lawyer you hire has experience handling serious brain injury cases. Because the attorney you hire is important to the outcome of your case, you should ask as many questions as you need to before making the decision to hire him or her. Not all attorneys are alike, and getting your questions answered and feeling comfortable in the process are essential to finding the right firm for you and your family.
Some of the questions you should ask a lawyer to help you determine if he or she is the right attorney for your case include:
- How long have you been practicing personal injury law?
- Have you handled other serious brain injury cases?
- Have you settled or tried cases similar to mine in the past? If so, what were some of the outcomes?
- Does your law firm have the resources to take my case to court?
- What are some of your jury verdicts in similar cases?
Although it is normal for attorneys to ask you questions during the initial meeting so they can come to understand your case in greater detail, don’t be shy about asking your fair share of questions. Because most lawyers provide free consultations, you have nothing to lose by meeting different attorneys and asking questions, like the ones mentioned above.
We would be happy to answer these questions and many more if you would like to meet with us in a complimentary consultation. Please feel free to submit your information on the home page of our website, and we will be in touch with you shortly.